Monday, April 18, 2005

Meme: The Sunday Brunch talks breakfast

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Erica writes this week and said,"I apologize for the absence of a Sunday Brunch last week. I was out of town, and it completely slipped my mind until Monday, so I thought I'd just take the weekend off. Sorry!"

Not that it would have mattered - I wasn't in any position to type on Monday, anyway. Recuperation is slow but steady, pain is manageable most of the time as long as I don't overdo it.

But here we are again!

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast." - Oscar Wilde

1) Do you eat breakfast on a regular basis and why or why not?
I eat something akin to breakfast most days -- I've never been a real fan of food when I first wake up.

2) What is your typical everyday breakfast?
A bowl of cereal with fruit. Toast and eggs. Something like that is most common.

3) How do you eat your eggs?
Scrambled.

4) What is your favorite restaurant to eat breakfast out at?
My favorite used to be the dining car on the train from New York to Philadelphia. Great grits.

5) Describe your perfect breakfast in detail.
My favorite breakfast is something that resembles brunch and consists of a small bowl of hot cereal, fruit juice, preferably fresh, rather than from concentrate. A waffle with a couple rashers of bacon on the side with fruit compote or maple syrup to top it off, one egg scrambled on the other side. And coffee throughout... before anything, with everything and by itself after the food is gone. No children allowed. A good paper to read while eating. Somewhere to stroll to afterward, preferably near water. That's the makings of a perfect breakfast -- good, simple food, no stress or strife until after the food is digested.

No comments: