Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy 2011, Y'all ...

and many happy returns of new years in your lifetime. For those able, have a "pop" for me. I truly hope 2011 is better for us all than 2010 has been. Here's a little something from Ogden Nash:

Good Riddance, but Now What?

by Ogden Nash


Come, children, gather round my knee;

Something is about to be.

Tonight's December Thirty-First,

Something is about to burst.

The clock is crouching, dark and small,

Like a time bomb in the hall.

Hark! It's midnight, children dear.

Duck! Here comes another year.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

Happy New Year, Wil.

Donna McNicol said...

Good quote!! While our 2010 has been good, it hasn't been for many. Here's to a much improved 2011 for everyone!

Jennifer said...

You fixed my outlets - thanks! I needed to turn the breakers all the way OFF then back ON.

Whew - saved me a service call.

Thanks!

Jennifer

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Happy 2011. Aw, shoot! I'm just practicing typing it. It doesn't have the same flair 2010 did. Oh well, you can't stop time!


Nellie
http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com