Friday, November 07, 2014

Still Amongst The Living

This'll be a quickie. Still in hospital in Louisiana. The cardiac docs did a cardiac catheterization on Wednesday afternoon. The bad news, all 3 grafts from the CABG 11 years ago were either partially or fully blocked. The good news is they reopened the blocked artery with the high-tech equivalent of a hand drill and opened and stented one of the original blocked veins. Two out of three isn't too bad in this situation. The post-operative time in the ICU was eventful as I tried to bleed out through my IV tubing.

The plan has me being discharged today to my RV for further recovery. As it will be a while before I can drive, travel planned for this year is on hold, dammit.

More news as it becomes available. And So It Goes...

3 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

"I tried to bleed out through my IV tubing." Wow, I bet that made a stir in the room. Sure hope you didn't loose too much blood. I guess your blood pressure was higher than the IV bag's pressure. Well, anyway, you can move back into your RV. Hope you get many more miles on the road in your RV. At least you are not going to freeze in Maine.

Janet said...

Yikes! It's been awhile since I've read blogs, sorry to hear about your problems, and I hope you're up and at 'em soon!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the "kink" in your plans; at least it was mostly fixable. Glad that you're home in the RV now. Hospitals are never reassuring places to be, in my way of thinking. Wishing you both well.

Laurie Michaud