Monday, February 08, 2016

Didn't Go ...

Yeah, we're still alive. Just nothing good to write about. Maybe soon. Likely not.

Weather - Jack Frost is adding injury to insult with another 6 - 12 inches of snow forecast for this afternoon through tomorrow, 20 to 30 MPH winds from the NE so downed trees and the like a real possibility as that isn't a usual wind direction for us. All on top of the 12" we got three days ago. And I swore to all deities above and below I'd never spend another winter in Maine. A fat lot of good that did me. 

It's danged cold in this trailer and we haven't any option but to sit it out until Spring. Ground never froze hard before snows came, so moving the trailer is out of the question as my 2wd truck would sink out of sight. I look at the weather in Texas (Port O'Conner) and Louisiana (Baton Rouge) and just want to cry.

Health has been the bugaboo for me and the missus since summer. Oh joy, now I have medicare, so medicos are up to old tricks of testing, poking and prodding. Going under for a colonoscopy in mid-March. I do hate the prep for that test. The test itself is undignified but anticlimactic. All the real fun occurs in the 36 hours prior to insertion of the camera in the bung hole. SWMBO has had a chest infection that refuses to quit. Her FNP is the laid back, "let's wait and see" type. Not a good fit, but no alternative exists at present.

Iggy has decided that the floor is too cold so he only stands on it to eat or go outside to do the necessary. The rest of his time is spent next to SWMBO on the sofa, on my lap (ouch - he's topping 48 pounds these days) or in bed when we are asleep. Really hates the snow - has taken to going under the trailer for squatting so snow isn't tickling his butt.

Miss you all, family, friends, and blog readers. Often in our thoughts, but no phone and only what internet I can steal from neighbors limits contact. So be good. If I don't pop in with an update by June, email your complaints and concerns. Who knows. I might even reply!

And So It Goes...

wil


2 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

Sure have missed you. Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking. Since that trailer has wheels, next year don't let the winter catch you in Maine. As I write this, it is almost 10:30 am and it is chilly for here, in the low 50's but will warm up real fast in the next couple of hours. Down here in Texas, there is a lot of space for you to park that fifth-wheel and I am sure it will be warmer than Maine.

I am getting old and think I may sell my diesel pusher rv. Hate to do it, it has been a nice unit and very comfortable on the road with air bag suspension. The rear engine is a CAT and it pulls my Jeep up and down mountains with the cruise control set at 60 and it never weavers. Have a great day and please keep on posting.

Pammy said...

I'll echo what Dizzy-Dick said. Glad to see you're still upright! I know you Mainers are tough stock and it's "home"....but, c'mon...it's time to relocate.