Monday, January 05, 2004

Belated Friday 5

What one thing are you most looking forward to . . .


1. ...today?
Bangers and mash ( that's sausages and potatoes for the illiterati)

2. ...over the next week?
Hoping it'll be slow, weatherwise. Nothing of import scheduled until baby brother's birthday on Jan 18.
3. ...this year?
I'm looking forward to ice-out so I can get back on the water in my kayak this year
4. ...over the next five years?
Just continuing to breathe will be a major accomplishment in the next 5 years. Anything else is gravy.
5. ...for the rest of your life?
See above. Long life is not anticipated.

I apologize for the delayed posting. Not for lack of trying last Friday... but new questions hadn't been posted when I checked around 3AM and haven't been online since, until now. Had to check weather as sound of sleet on the window woke me from an obviously unsound sleep. Had to be sure it 'twernt a blizzard that escaped my ken. According to the Pettybees (PTB's or Powers that Be, in bureaucrateze) we're only expecting 1 to 3 inches of sleet with a heavy icing component. Humph! I'll believe it when I see it. My back throbs at the thought of picking up a 100 lb bag of salt today.

Cheers! May all your champagne dreams come true. Here's hoping you and yours have a happy, safe and prosperous New Year!



Written by olddog299 . Link to this entry | Blog about this entry | Notify AOL
This entry has 5 comments: (Add your own)
A dedicated Friday Fiver! I'm impressed.

Comment from andreakingme - 1/9/04 4:43 PM

I love a good bargain, but don't know of anyone who died from imagining an aching back. You're not having any chest pains or shortness of breath, are you? Any radiating pain down the left arm? Mayhap your back wouldn't throb if you just pick up the 100 lb. bag without thinking. (I just love it when you say "'twernt' and 'escaped my ken.')
Comment from rbushu - 1/7/04 9:35 PM

True, smaller bags could be had, but at a much bigger price. I'm buying it from the wholesaler, Robin. 100 pounds costs the same there as the little 25 pound bags at the grocery or hardware store. Besides, living forever is overrated... ;)

wil

Comment from olddog299 - 1/7/04 12:46 PM

Curmudgeons that frolic and fornicate by the light of the moon are not known to have long life spans. Pack it all in while you can, Old Dog. Buy the salt in 50 pound bags. Not so hard on the throbbing back. Remember to lift from the knees.
Comment from rbushu - 1/5/04 11:19 PM

and a very happy new year to you too !! amazing, if you're breathing, it makes life just that much more enjoyable eh? lol
pamela
Comment from his1desire - 1/5/04 9:00 AM