Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wednesday Mind Hump

Rfduck, the Hump-meister himself, took a moment from his attempts at removing the chicken from his butt to say, “Hi everyone! Sorry about the lack of a Monday Music Mambo. Your mememeister wasn't at home to do it. Today's theme is "Customer Is Wrong Day," and Monday's was "Electric Guitar Day." Because I missed such a great opportunity for the Mambo, we'll just make today Electric Guitar Day.” (He was a Turducken in the Thanksgiving Pageant, get it?)

1. Who is your favorite electric guitarist? Or top three, if you can't decide on one? The more I think about it today, the more it seems that Eric Clapton is my favorite electric guitarist. Now, if'n I was picking my flat-out favorite guitarist of all time, it'd be a three-way split between John Fahey, Leo Kottke and Andre Segovia...

2. Describe your dream guitar. What color is it? What brand? What special touches does it have?
My dream guitar would be a black lacquered American HH model Fender Stratocaster – strictly old school.
3. Bass guitars are electric guitars too. Who is your favorite bassist?
Y'know, while bassists are instrumental in establishing the beat and the bottom, I rarely, if ever, remember a name. Only a single performer stands out in my fading memory today, Jack Bruce, although there've been some great bassists out there. Sad, isn't it?
4. Name one of your favorite electric guitar solos. Al DiMeola's “One Night Last June” does it for me ... he weaves a complex theme inside out and upside down. Solid, baby!

No comments: