Sunday, January 30, 2005

Saturday Six -- #42

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1. Who is the first celebrity you recall having a crush on?
I've answered this one before, it's Haley Mills ... although, Annette Funicello was also in the pantheon of screen goddesses occupying my dreams as a youngster.
2. What was your favorite amusement park ride when you were young?
Ferris Wheel.
3. If you could change your name (first or middle but the name you go by), would you, and if so, what would you change it to?

I did, at age 18, due to being one of 4 Williams or Wilburs in a training squad. There was already a "Bill" and he looked like the name. Wilbur wouldn't budge, so I became "Wil." Actually, I'd changed from "Billy" to "Bill" when I entered Lenape Jr. High School.

4. Go to http://kabalarians.com/ and take the "First Name Analysis" test. Do you agree with what the site comes up with?
Nope.
5. Other than Johnny Carson, which former talk show host's tape archives would you most like to visit, and why?
Dick Cavett - he was the most intelligent and erudite of anyone to try a late night talk show and his guests reflected his eclectic tastes. When he was on, I'd watch him over JC any day.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #44 from
Jessie: If you were in good health, would you donate a kidney to a friend who's dying regardless of what your family's opinion are and if yes or no, why or why not?

I have wrestled with this one a long time, Jessie, as it appeared my middle brother would need a kidney transplant. I'd finally reconciled myself to the notion that I would donate a kidney when he up and died suddenly in his sleep. So who knows? Another missed opportunity for growth... Bottom line, though, I would donate a kidney under the circumstances you describe. It is the gift of life and I have damn little to show for my occupation of space on the mortal coil. My karma needs the boost or I'll be back as an amoebae, for sure.

Be sure to leave a link over at Patrick's Place to your answers so he can see what kind of havoc he raised this week. (It's always good to know which demon you have to kill, after all.)

No comments: