Thursday, August 07, 2003

All I Want Is My Two Front Teeth...

Anywho, I slept for almost 7 hours this morning. The reason for this blog's title has to do with my battle with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Somehow, the cool air stream coming off the A/C, the heated, humid air coming to me via the CPAP, my general exhaustion after a previous day of heat and humidity - they all combined into perfect sleeping conditions for yours truly. And so I had a near-normal nights sleep - one of a handful since the diagnosis of sleep apnea on the operating table was confirmed by polysomnography last July and August. Imagine, if you will, a year with an average of 4 hours of sleep. Actually, it's been years of 4 hour nights and my sanity has suffered for it. But I have been receiving "treatment" and this is one of the first indications of success. I feel like I imagine almost anyone would on a sultry dog day of August - NORMAL! And that is a truly marvelous feeling for those of us in a sleep-deprived state.

So imagine how I felt when I stumbled onto this little gem about "Maggie's Law" in New Jersey. Holy Criminoli, Fat Man! CBS 3: Maggie's Law To Crack Down On Drowsy Drivers What a way to pop my good feeling balloon. Up, up and away.....

No comments: