Monday, January 16, 2006

Five Guilty Pleasures

So there I was, minding your business, scrolling through blog entries just trying to catch up on my most frequently read bloggers when I spy a meme over at Patrick's entitled Five Guilty Pleasures. As you might imagine, I was particularly horrified to discover I'd been tagged by Patrick to respond in kind. Oh no, Mr. Bill. Say it isn't so! Alas and alack, it is true. So, forthwith, five of my guilty pleasures...
  1. Hot and Sour Soup. While I'm sure my cardiologist would die of a coronary at the mere suggestion, I could live on nothing more than fresh French bread and the nectar of the Pacific Rim – Hot and Sour Soup. There is nothing finer, save...

  2. Steamed lobster. With drawn, clarified butter. And corn-on-the-cob. And ginger ale. And apple pie a la mode.

  3. Steam baths and saunas. Back when I was in college, fighting dinosaurs just to get a crack at the Egg, I used to have a sauna in the backyard of the place I was renting. It was electric and expensive to run, but my, oh my, it was worth it. Nothing beats sitting for a half hour bare-assed nekid, swatting yourself with a birch bough, then rolling around outside in the snow, then running back in and tossing a couple of cups of water on the heater and starting all over again. Having a sauna is a definite chick magnet and practically a ticket to ride... WORD.

  4. Ozone. Yep, the same stuff that's been destroyed by all the “greenhouse gases” emitted by industrialized nations. I like it when it's being generated by the electric locomotive of a model train. It smells “clean” and “fresh” to me. I feel energized when in its presence. Go figger...

  5. Hershey's Milk Chocolate bars. I have been ordered by the medicos to stop smoking, eating, watching TV, working, and drinking. Wenching is a distant memory due to the alpha- and beta-blockers I consume daily. So I gave up wine, women and cigars. Food never passes my lips (kidding). I take five insulin shots a day. I watch what I eat (it only rarely moves. Still, I watch it on the plate, just in case...) But I do have a weakness. The previously cited HMC bars. I just can't help myself, diabetes or no... I gots to have my chocolate, precious. Pretty, pretty chocolate. I just has to.

    There you have them, five of my guilty pleasures. Now I am supposed to pick on five readers and have them reveal their own guilty pleasures. I am truly sorry for doing this, but I don't want “wee willy” to fall off or anything, so Pammy, Gerrit, Carly, Gail and John, let's see what stirs your embers and stokes the flames of desire for you'se guys.

    Yes, you're welcome.

UPDATE: Gail has her guilty pleasures on view for all to see.
Update 2: Gerrit lets rip with a few in this entry.

No comments: