Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Tuesday Two - Episode 12



For those who have never played, the rules are simple: I offer two different questions, both related to the same topic, but you only choose one of them to actually answer.

Last week, Jess of "CIW: The Other Invisible" was first to answer last week's double question edition. Congratulations, Jess.

Now, onto this week's choice of questions. And remember: don't answer both questions!


THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: GOALS

QUESTION A:
If you could travel to your own future and see what has changed, what would you hope to see yourself doing ten years from now?

or

QUESTION B:
What is the New Year's Resolution that you actually kept most successfully, and how long ago did you make it?

Choose A or B, (indicate which question you're answering!) then either answer the question in a comment or answer it in your journal and include the link in a comment. (To be considered "first to play," a link must be to the specific entry in which you answered the question.)

Remember: choose one or the other...not both!



Ten years from now, I'd like to discover I am still breathing. Still able to take nourishment. Still able to get around under my own power without the use of mechanical devices. Still in possession of my faculties. Still driving with my laser cannon set for “Stun.” Really.

I'll be 65 in ten years. When I was born, the actuarial tables all said that'd be the average lifespan of a fellow born then. Now they claim it's 72! Talk about a moving target...

Genetically-speaking, I'm on the minus side of those actuarial guesstimates. No male on my father's side of the family has made it past 62 and I don't suspect my health issues will bring a different outcome for me. Still, one needs hope, just to get up each day with enough strength to face the world. So hoping for a future that includes me is what I do.

How about you?



Want to play along? Just visit Patrick's Weekender and snag a copy of the questions for yourself, write your response and leave a link to your purple prose in the comments there. You'll be glad you did, what with being filled with hope and all. And, as a never-to-be-repeated-bonus, you'll be gas-free for the entire day. Your cubicle-mates will thank you. Trust me.

No comments: