Thursday, February 24, 2005

Meme: Ten Things I've Done You Probably Haven't.

1. Chased a bear out of the back of my car and across a parking lot in Tuolumne Meadows
 
2. Been pinned to a winch by a tree I was skidding and lived to tell about it.
 
3. Intenionally swam a mile ... just because.
 
4. Rolled a Volkswagen at speed off the New York Thruway onto the Northway and walked away, unscathed ... just in need of new undies.
 
5. Had a four-cup Pyrex® Measuring Cup thrown at my head (don't ask).
 
6. Killed, butchered, cut and wrapped two lambs and a two hogs in one day.
 
7. Stepped off the same corner in Guadalajara, Mexico, six months apart and been hit by a taxi (no, not the same taxi).
 
8. Never ridden a horse (yet) that hasn't thrown me.
 
9. Actually likes to hang upside down in a boat underwater and watch the fishies.
 
10. Delivered a baby in the front seat of a car in subfreezing weather.
 
 
There's others, but for now, I'll borrow the Farmer's line from "Babe": "That'll do, Pig. That will do."
 
See John Scalzi's entry Your Wednesday Meme: 10 Things I've Done You Probably Haven't for the impetus for this entry.  Although, it's been coming on for a while -- floating around on Live Journal and Blogger for a few weeks. Who knows, maybe I'll tackle one of those "100 things about me" lists...

1 comment:

Gerrit Bosman said...

I never met a bear, the things I did you can find on my blog.