Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sunday Brunch -- Rubber Ducky Time!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You
will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or
even your bathtub." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Erica said in her note this week: "I am posting the Brunch really early this week because I am leaving today for North Carolina and won't be back until Monday. And, I'm making this a true vacation, and NOT taking my laptop! Yay! So enjoy and see you next week!"

1) Do you take baths or showers?
Right now, I take a stand up bath in a washtub, like your (and my) forefathers did... the pipes froze, the hot water line broke in the wall and so there's only cold running water at the moment. So I heat up a pot of water on the heater in the living room to a nice, rolling boil, mix in cold water to the "won't remove your hide like a blanched peach" temperature and go to it with a washcloth while standing in the tub. It works. Not as relaxing as a shower or bath, but you do burn a few calories shivering...

2) Do you like the water super hot or just tepid?
I like it hot, but not too hot to blister. Sadly, as I get older my skin gets thinner and I have to tone the temperature down.

3) Do you use bath gel, bath crystals, bubble bath, or other scented stuff?
The only thing scented besides my farts is the soap and the shampoo.

4) What do you like to do when you take a bath?
Blow Bubbles, but she's not in town alot and my wife says I mustn't if I wish to retain a close working arrangement with my huevos...

5) What is your one item essential to a great bath?
Sound reflective tile and no one else in the house. That way, I can sing without being interrupted by the ambulance crew working on the innocent bystander who's heart arrested at the sound of my voice...
Get your own list of questions, post your responses or a link to them over at The Sunday Brunch. You'll feel so much cleaner than if you steal from me...

No comments: