Sunday, February 13, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 44

Saturday Six - Episode 44

Playing is simple: you can either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal over at Patrick's Place so that everyone else can visit! If you don't have an AOL journal, you can still play, but of course you'll at least need an AOL screen name, which you can get for free with AOL Instant Messenger, to be able to leave a comment there. (And if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!) Enjoy!


1. What one song or melody can make you smile even when you're having a rotten day?
"Spring of '65" -- Holy Modal Rounders. Also, Tuli Kupferberg's "I Like Boobs A Lot" by the Fugs.
2. What are your plans for the day? How much of it do you think you'll actually accomplish?
Sunday's plans include some shopping for Valentine's Day so I am allowed to remain in my home on Monday. Maybe go to the Mall or Walmart's, as I need a new watch battery and it requires one of those special wrenches to screw the back off of the watch. If the weather is nice, I think the "Free Freddy" ceremony will happen, assuming he didn't freeze to death sitting in the mailbox for 3 hours on Saturday before he was retrieved. There's a 50% probability of anything happening, but I predict dire consequences if I fail to do V-Day shopping. SWMBO hasn't got a sense of humor when it comes to her favorite day of the year.

3. What television show do you most enjoy watching when you're all alone and can devote your complete attention to it?
West Wing, CSI, Cold Case Files.

4. What was the last thing you remember arguing with someone about?
I'm pretty sure it was with my wife, it was something trivial, like what to have for supper.


5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #45 from
Bud: Inspired by this article on cell phone technology, he asks, "What is your most aggravating public experience with a cellphone user?"
Many years ago, whilst I was sitting in a nice restaurant listening to a chamber music quartet (harp, piano, violin and cello) playing something by Mozart when the less than dulcet ringtones of "Bill Baily" shattered the mood, to be answered by a 60-ish brassy blonde who sells real estate and had all of the personal couth and vocal volume control of Foghorn Leghorn. When I asked the Maitre d' to intervene, I was looked at as if I was nuts. So I did my best "Wild Man of Borneo" imitation, went to her table, and whispered into her ear that if she didn't turn the phone off immediately, I would disembowel her with a butter knife. My date was "mortified" and that was the last I saw of her. Sadly, I've had to deal with Ms. Ima Important Realtor many times since. All I have to do is wave a butter knife and she turns off her phone ... and they say Pavlov had to use bells!

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #46 from Stacy: Did you watch the Super Bowl and if you did, do you like the commercials, the half-time show OR the ceremony following the game the best?
I watched the last part of the fourth quarter, starting about two and a half minutes out. No half-time, no award ceremony -- just the critical last two minutes. It was way more than enough for me. Hats off to the Eagles for a late rally and to the Patriots for pulling off the win despite that rally.

No comments: