Monday, February 21, 2005

Sunday Brunch, February 20

Sad Songs Say So Much
"Turn them on, turn them on, turn on those sad songs. When all hope is gone, why don't you tune in and turn them on?" -Elton John

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1) Do you have a song with your significant other and what is it?
I don't think so, but SWMBO is asleep and I'll have to ask her if she has one that invokes thoughts of yours truly. Ask me again.
2) Name three songs that were special to you with former significant others. Do you still think of that person when you hear it?
Danger, Will Robinson, Danger! My wife is a lovely woman but she is subject to the "green-eyed monster." This is not a topic to be undertaken lightly. In the interest of maintaining the close relationship I have between my head and my body, I'm going to have to give this one a pass, too.
3) What is your favorite song of the moment?
Still my favorite: "Spring of '65" by the Holy Modal Rounders.
4) Do you associate songs with time periods? Give an example.
Sure, don't you? My salad and acid days are evoked by Grace Slick "White Rabbit," or Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart." The Doors' "People Are Strange" reminds me of the early seventies. The Jethro Tull Album "Heavy Horses" reminds me of the early eighties, as does Bobby McFarrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
5) If you were to give your job a theme song, what song would it be and why?
My former job was in local government. Government work, in all its guises, is evoked whenever I hear "Chain of Fools." It's self-explanatory.

Get your own list of questions at The Sunday Brunch. While you are at it, leave a link in the comments to your answers. Have fun with them, just like I do, sometimes. Life is too short not to. Oops, dangling participle. I love it!

No comments: