Monday, February 05, 2007

MEME: Monday Music Mambo – Weather Story


Rfduck stretches, preens a moment, looks at the sky, fluffs up his tail feathers and then looks straight into the camera and says, “Another Monday, another Mambo. Today is Weatherperson's Day. You have one task today . . .”


List five songs about the weather (or with weather-related words in the title)


  1. (They call the wind) Mariah By Alan Jay Lerner, music by Frederick Loewe for Paint Your Wagon.

  2. Rainy Day People by Gordon Lightfoot

  3. It Never Rains In Southern California by Albert Hammond & Mike Hazelwood

  4. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by B.J. Thomas.

  5. Snowbird sung by Anne Murray
    (words & music by Gene MacLellan)
    Beneath this snowy mantle cold and clean
    The unborn grass lies waiting
    for its coat to turn to green
    The snowbird sings a song he always sings
    And speaks to me of flowers
    that will bloom again in spring
    When I was young my heart was young then too
    Anything that it would tell me,
    that's the thing that I would do
    But now I feel such emptiness within
    For the thing that I want most in life
    Is the thing I can't win
    Spread your tiny wings and fly away
    And take the snow back with you
    Where it came from on that day
    The one I love forever is untrue
    And if I could you know
    that I would fly away with you
    The breeze along the river seems to say
    That she'll only break my heart again
    should I decide to stay
    So little snowbird take me with you when you go
    To that land of gentle breezes
    where the peaceful waters flow


    The rules are, there are no rules!!! All you need to do is copy and paste the above questions into your blog and add your responses. After you've finished, return here and leave us a comment so we'll know you've Mamboed. Be sure your Mambo is linked back to http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com so others can dance too.

    Remember, there are no right or wrong answers. If one of the questions doesn't inspire you then simply "pass" it. Just use your imagination and dance like crazy!

    If you don't have a blog or you're an exhibitionist *woo hoo* feel free to Mambo right here in our comments section. There's absolutely no pressure ... although it's called the Monday Music Mambo you can Mambo on any day.

No comments: