Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Music Mambo - Week 104

Taking a moment from his preening, RFDUCK was heard to softly quack, “Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend. Today is Juneteenth Day, but as usual I don't know how that relates to music. So instead of that theme, I'm going to do something a bit unusual. We're putting together a band, but the band members are going to be historical figures!


The lead singer must be a former U.S. President
The lead guitar player must be a famous author
The bass player must be a scientist
The drummer must be a famous criminal. Because, drummers are . . well, you know how they are.
If you want to add a rhythm guitar player or keyboard player too,
choose a retired and/or dead baseball player.


The rules are, there are no rules!!! All you need to do is copy and paste the above questions into your blog and add your responses. After you've finished, return here and leave us a comment so we'll know you've Mamboed. Be sure your Mambo is linked back to http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com so others can dance too.

Until next time, this is your music-lovin' Mememeister saying have a good Monday and a good Mambo!”

Allow me to introduce you to the band -- On drums, direct from London, lost in a fog, we have Jack Z. Ripper! On bass, laying down that cool, California-style bottom while sitting on his bottom is none other than Stephen Hawking! Driving us like a home run knocked clear over the “Green Monster”, timeless Ted Williams on keyboards. Picking out the melody for all to thrive on as we jive on, your friend and mine, William “The Bard” Shakespeare! And finally, give it up for The Man, leader of the pack, jack of all trades, all-around genius and architect of our sound, Thomas Jefferson!!! Let's hear it for... “T.J. And The Deadbeats” - Yay!!!

It's times like this, when I can see a picture (collage, actually) in my mind of the personalities that go into making this band a “reality” that I want to scream and shout at the heavens and blame my absolute jackassery of talentless manipulation of icons, color, light and shadow I know as “Art” on my mother's shortcomings. But of course, it is my shortcoming, not hers, that renders me artistically impotent.

Have a good week, y'all.

No comments: