Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy Anniversary, Darling!





It's April 1. Most folks (in the USA) know it as April Fools' Day. It's a very special day to me, though and has nothing to do with practical jokes, pranks or yanking cranks. It's our sixth wedding anniversary. Yep, just six short years ago, SWMBO and I stood, in front of a half dozen witnesses, in the gazebo at Cascade Park in Bangor on a fine, spring day, listening to a coworker of my wife's recite some strange vows she and the better half had cooked up. Tammi had been ill with the flu for nearly a week. I came down with it that morning. After an exceedingly fine lunch at the late, lamented Paul's Restaurant, we repaired to our bed to ... sleep the sleep of the deathly ill! Oh man, were we sick!

Why get married on April Fools' Day? Family tradition, of course. My parents were married on April 1, 1949. My father never forgot his anniversary and neither have I. Presumably, both my mother and my wife appreciated that fact. I know I sure do. Pretty sure that Dad did, too.

Would I do it again? You betcha!

About the photo: A disgruntled man posted this picture on eBay to sell his ex-wife's wedding dress. No, it wasn't me. I just find it very funny, that's all.

No comments: