Sunday, April 03, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 51



Here are this week's "Saturday Six." Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! If you don't have an AOL journal, you can still play, but of course you'll at least need an AOL, CompuServe, Netscape or AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) screen name, which you can get for free with AOL Instant Messenger, to be able to leave a comment there. To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. (And if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!) Enjoy!


1. What is your favorite fruit? Favorite vegetable? Favorite type of meat? What food causes your diet the most trouble?

My all-time favorite food is Lobster, steamed and served with drawn butter. Favorite veggie are green peas, with corn on the cob a close second. I love all kinds of meat, but a thick sirloin grilled to medium-rare perfection over charcoal has to be at the top of my list this week. Milk - "Santa is lactose-intolerant.".

2. What food do you think has the most ridiculous-sounding name?

Jicama (Yam Bean, MexicanTurnip) is a legume, grown for the large tuberous roots which can be eaten raw or cooked and are used as a source of starch. The Jicama plant is a vine which grows to a length of 20 feet or more. The roots are light brown in color, and may weigh up to 50 pounds. Most of those on the market will weigh between three to five pounds. It sounds like hiccup when pronounced properly.


3. If you had to pick one of the following to experience, which extreme adventure would you choose:
A) Skydiving
B) Mountain Climbing
C) Scuba Diving
D) Surfing in Hawaii
E) Arctic Hiking in Alaska
F) African Safari
G) White Water Rafting

I've done most all but the skydiving and arctic hiking in Alaska, although my surfing was in Florida, not Hawaii. I've never spent any time in Africa and would really like to do so. Besides, I'm too fat to do any of the other things anymore...


4. What skill do you most wish you could suddenly acquire in your sleep this evening?

I'd like to wake up and discover that I could paint in oils, as a Realist. That'd give me something to do that I just might be able to earn a living at...

5. How many active prescriptions do you have at the moment. Of those, how many do you take regularly?

Fifteen; eleven are taken at least daily.

6. You're considering a major change or a big decision awaits you. Are there any special images you ever dream that tend to guide you in one direction or another or that seem to suggest that the option you're considering is the right one?

I rarely remember dreams and no images come to mind at all from dreams, so this one is a bust.


Have a great week, folks. Going to be a busy week for me getting ready for surgery next Monday which will render my right hand unusable for a while -- there'll not be any regular entries here for a month or more as I can't type well with only one hand. There will be audible entries posted if I ever figure out how to do it without signing up for another service from AOL. Rest assured I will return eventually to annoy you with my blatherings. In the meantime, keep you and your families well.


No comments: