Friday, April 29, 2005

Meme: Weekend Assignment #57

Weekend Assignment #57: Share some of your favorite Journals, Blogs and Web sites not on AOL Journals. Come on, we know you go off the school grounds from time to time. Tell us where you go. 'Cause we want to go, too. Even just one pick is fine (no more than five, though. Pick the best to share). Also, just in case this was a temptation, my site off AOL should not be one of your selections.

Extra credit:
Find a link you think your mother might like. What is it?


OK folks (you too, John). Over there on the right hand column of The Daily Snooze on AOL you'll see some links to other blogs. Of the first five, four are outside of AOL Journals land and have occupied the top 5 spaces since I started this blog in July of 2003 on AOL.

Shauny, the feline dominatrix of What's New, Pussycat? is an Australian ex-pat living in Scotland and is currently in the midst of getting married. Her blog epitomizes what's right in the field of nonpolitical female blogs -- fast, quirky, sexy, funny, thought-provoking and poignant.

Second in line is the stereotypical angry, urban professional, who just so happens to be female and a writer in this case. She doesn't post often but when she does -- look out. Give the bunny a try -- but just remember, President Carter nearly lost the family jewels to a killer rabbit ...
(Required Warning For AOL TOS purposes: The Angry Little Rabbit uses anglo-saxonisms that are considered rude, crude and lewd, like words that start with "F" a lot, and "S" and "P" and I suppose "Q,R,T,U & V", also.)

The bare Bear is an Ursid of a different color. I suppose I should have removed him a while ago, because he has pretty much stopped blogging. I can't bring myself to do it. In his day, he was the sharpest pencil in the "Clinton's a Fool" box. Someone needed to say the things he did. I miss his insights ... but his honeymoon photos are superb!

Finally, The Bacon and Ehs are just wicked funny. A blogging Canadian couple, they have a decidedly wicked, lusty, bawdy way of approaching the world. It's Canada-centric, eh? And some of the best NOTB humor I have come across. Do give them a try. My mother would have loved them.

Speaking of my long-dead mother, over on The Daily Snooze at Blogger I put up a blogroll or list of blogs I read via Bloglines, an aggregator that allows me to keep up with the 136 public blogs I follow regularly (there's another 20 or so private blogs on AOL I track on a more sporadic basis as I can't conveniently get to them). If you go down the list to the "Must Reads" category, down near the bottom you'll find Kat's Stuff. A 39 y.o. mother and working wife, she is irreverent, funny, earthy, funny, dizzy, funny and startlingly frank, lewd, crude and tattooed. Did I mention funny? My mother, the poor woman who birthed three boys over four years and found herself dead at 41, would have loved Kat no end. Maybe you will, too. Tell her "wil sent you" when you stop by.

No comments: