Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Sunday Brunch - A State of Mind

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Each week, Erica asks a few questions. Each week, I answer. You can too. Just stop by the Sunday Brunch web site and get a copy of the questions for yourself. Leave a link to your answers in the comments there, too. Tell her I sent you, OK?



"In a country as big as the United States, you can find fifty examples of anything."

- Jeffery F. Chamberlain

1) What state were you born in?
I wasn't. I was born in the District of Columbia, although my mother often swore I was born in a state of confusion...

2) What state do you currently live in?
Maine. "The way life should be..." by which they mean some of the highest taxes in the land, lowest average salaries and some of the world's worst weather.

3) How many states have you been in? (and yes, driving through counts!)
Alot. I lost count. I think. Seems like I answered that for a meme sometime last year. If I recollect correctly, I'd been to 44 states, maybe more. It's almost easier to say where I haven't been. I answered the question here.

4) If you had your choice regardless of cost, which of the 50 states would you choose to live in?
Maine in the summer, Florida in the winter and we'd spend spring and fall traveling the US in an RV.

5) Which of the 50 states would you rather die than live in?
California, specifically Southern California, excluding San Diego (but only barely) until you get up to Santa Barbara. The rest of Northern and most of eastern California is great. Actually, I could live anywhere, but LA and NYC are two metro areas that are on my list of "I'd rather die than live in..." Of course, the old jokes about the grand prize in a contest being a week in Philadelphia with second prize being two weeks in Philly have a basis in reality.

No comments: