Monday, July 11, 2005

MEME: Monday Madness -- Users Edition

Otto, chief pilot and mechanic for the Double-M Airlines & Barnstormin’ Troupe was heard to say, “Thank you to everyone who offered questions last week. Since I received 14 suggestions, I am posting 7 this week and 7 next week. The following questions are from our participants; names are links to their blogs. Thanks again!"

1. What book are you currently reading? (from dawn)

The two principal reads right now are Ursula K. Lequin’s
The Telling
and Elizabeth Bear’s space soap opera Change of Command.

2. Have you ever experienced the loss of a pet? How did you deal with it? Would you get a new pet, and why? (from peanutbutterfly)

PBF, I’m past the half century mark and I’ve had dogs and cats most of my life, trained and competed in show rings, obedience trials and Schutzhund and bred German Shepherd Dogs for ten years (a losing proposition unless you’re rich) -- so yes, I have seen many four-legged friends come and go over the years. You resign yourself to the fact they live their lives at a much faster pace than humans do. When they die or are killed, you grieve as you would for the loss of any loved one, then you go on with life, for life will go on without you. Of course, once the active grieving is done, it is time to allow a new fast life friend into your life. Life without animal companions is unthinkable, that’s why.

3. Is anyone in your family in the armed services? (from teresa)

Not at the present time. The last one to serve honorably was my stepson, Matt. He was a CPO in the Navy until a medical condition forced his retirement.

4. If you have or have had a girlfriend/boyfriend, did you tell your parents about her/him without them prying for the information? (from shady88)

It was a standing rule in my house - I know where you are going and who you will be with, at all times, or you don’t get to go out, kiddo. Lie or neglect to tell the whole truth and privileges, such as phones, TV, computer access, cars, jobs, etc. are withheld.

I lived by the same rules when I was young and it didn’t kill me, either. End of story.


5. What was your favorite childhood pet and tell me a few things about it. (from beth)

My first dog was an Irish Space Cadet (i.e. Irish Setter) named Red. He ran with the wind, talked to the birds, chased bunnies and cars and tires were his downfall.

6. Have you ever been in love? (from seren)

Several times. Each one was a wonder and a delight. I’m just sorry that I wasn’t up to the task, most of the time.

7. What's your favorite activity? (from robyn)


Making love with a sensitive, sophisticated woman. They’re so much more demonstrative than men...LMAO

Have a great week.

No comments: