Saturday, July 09, 2005

MEME: Saturday Six -- Episode #65





    Each week he sucks me in with the illusion of meaning. Each week, I succumb. Sad, ain't it?

    Get your own copy of this week's questions and leave a link to your answers in the comments thread. Non-AOL users may comment via AIM.

    Try to resist – I'll bet you can't do just one, Jay...

    1. How many mirrors are there in your home? If you could go for the rest of your life without ever looking in a mirror (but still know that you hadn't missed a button or that your hair was disarrayed, etc.) would you?

    Somewhere around 7 mirrors, by my count. None larger than the vanity mirror in the bathroom. And I'd gladly do without a mirror the remainder of my life -- I'm ugly enough that I spend as little time as possible in front of the looking glass as it is.

    2. What online abbreviation annoys you the most and why?

    OMFG

    3. What do you hate the most in this world?

    Stupidity

    4. You decide to go to your next high school reunion. What do you anticipate would be the thing most people said about you behind your back?
    My next reunion, if there is one, would be in 2008. It would be my 40th high school reunion and it is highly unlikely I'd attend. But if I did, the muttering would probably go something like this...

    Boy, has he gotten fat!”

    Yes he has, and what's with the pony tail? Ridiculous on a old phart nearly in his 60's!”

    5. You learn that because of some galactic mix up in fate itself, you must restart your life tomorrow in a new place. You will emerge as a person with a unique past and won't seem out of the ordinary to those in the new place. You will retain the experiences and memories of your past, but the people you are closest to will believe that you are dead and gone and you would be prohibited from contacting them. Where would you go and why?

    New Zealand. North Island. Work on a sheep station, up near Cape Palliser. Because the folks all speak (a form of) English, the climate is moderate without slighting the seasons, and it is similar to Maine but way too far away to be contacting anyone. As an employee of a sheep station, my income would be sufficient to sustain life, but insufficient to give into temptation to return to the former life I lead.

    6. What are you most passionate about in this moment of your life and why?

    Survival – because my continued survival and yours is continually threatened by outside forces which you have little to no control over.


No comments: