Monday, September 12, 2005

MEME: Monday Madness -- Falsehoods 7, Trueisms 0


Otto's missive this week reads: “Good Monday morning... This week I thought we'd answer some true or false. Feel free to elaborate on your answers. Thanks for playing.”

1. I'm at my best in the early morning. False – I've always been a night owl or one who suffers from “Delayed Onset Somnolence”.
2. I start each day with a healthy breakfast. False again. Used to be a pot of black coffee and a half pack of cancer sticks. Now it's a cup of decaf, period.
3. I'm always sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. False. For about 12 years, from birth to puberty, I averaged 7 or 8 hours sleep. Now I average 3.8, but I AM improving. At least I go back to bed now after waking up... I even got a combined total of 10 hours the other day! (of course, I'd been up for 36 straight, but it WAS 10 hours of sleep with only 3 wake-ups.)
4. I enjoy my job. Sure do – what's not to enjoy about unemployment? False -- there's poverty, mind-numbing television, mind-numbing movies, mind-numbing blogathons, poverty, starvation, privation, constipation... what's not to like?
5. I get along with most everyone. In your ear, buttkiss! False
6. I'm looking forward to the new season of tv shows this year. Wrongo – I'm looking forward to the return of a half dozen shows I like and anticipate liking maybe one or two new ones. The rest aren't suitable for lining her-royal-pain-in-the-arse's (HRPITA) cage with.
7. I make sure I take some time for myself every day. False. Time is about all I have left. See #4, above. Have you got a job where I can sit for 8 hours a day at no more than 30 minute stretches, can nap as the evil spirit overtakes me and doesn't involve high stress, kowtowing to the public or pretending to be nice, a team player or acting like I give a flying fig? You don't, eh? Neither does anyone else...

You can obtain your own copy of the questions, get on the email notification list and post a link to your answers in the comments at Otto's place, Monday Madness. Go on. Give it a try. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did and your constipation will stop! {evil grin}

No comments: