Monday, September 19, 2005

MEME: Monday Madness

Otto says, “Good Monday morning! Please answer the following questions in your blog and don't forget to come back [ to Monday Madness ] and leave us your link! Thanks for playing...”

1. When you're stressed out, what do you do to relieve your stress?

For three-plus decades, I drank a pot of coffee, smoked a couple packs of cigarettes per day and started and ended my evenings with dancing girls and a quart of bourbon until it ran out. Now I blog and wait for death.

  1. Are you normally a patient person, or is patience NOT one of your virtues?

    Huh? Quick, what's a virtue? Quick, I said!

  2. How many times a week do you blog?

    Now that's an awfully personal question... If I'm in a manic phase, many times a week. If I'm only mildly depressed, maybe twice a week. Severe depression means no blogging at all – I'm too busy staring at the wall.

  3. How many memes a week do you participate in?

    Four on a regular basis.

  4. Describe the perfect day, weather-wise.

    The second or third day under an autumnal high, temps in the mid-60's, cirrus floating around to keep it interesting and not a chance of snow in the forecast for weeks to come.

  5. 6. Would you rather be too hot, or too cold?

    In general, too cold. Except in winter here, when too cold often means the end of life. Then maybe, I'd prefer too warm.

  6. Do you eat out often, and if so, what type of restaurants do you frequent?

    Nope. Can't afford it. When we do eat out it is often either a family restaurant or a steakhouse. We do some Chinese take-out on occasion.

  7. If you could run your own business, what type of business would it be?

    A hobby shop, with an emphasis on model trains. Alas, there's an insufficient population base to support one here and I haven't got 250 grand for inventory. Hell, I haven't got $2 for a cup of coffee.

    Have a good week. Keep your powder dry. And ask yourself this each morning when you get up... “If I hadn't voted for George Bush, how many people would not have needlessly died or been suffering right this minute due to the actions that he and his administration have taken? How bad would the deficit be if I hadn't voted a Republican majority into Congress? Why is it always MY fault?”

    TODAY is International Talk Like A Pirate Day.

    Arrrrr! My parrot has fleas and she got them from you, Matey!

    A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants. The bartender comments to the pirate, "Y'know, you have a steering wheel in your pants..." The pirate says to the bartender, "Yarr, 'tis drivin' me nuts!"

    Bloody Sam Read”

No comments: