Thursday, October 06, 2005


IT'S COMING

It's coming. Oh, my, yes indeedy, it is coming!

“What?” you might ask.

“NaNoWriMo2005,” I'll reply.

“What the heck is NanuNanu, or whatever it is?

“It is NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH and it is November, 2005.”

Learn all about it here in the General FAQ.

No, I haven't decided if I am going to participate this year. I only got four chapters into it last year (about a tenth of the way to the 50,000 word minimum) when you went off and re-elected George W. Bush as your President. Silly me – your momentary thoughtlessness at the polls plunged me into two months of black depression so severe I had to use a putty knife to scrape the shit away from my ears when I emerged in 2005.

But, that can't possibly happen this year. The nightmare that is the administration of George W. Bush continues, but there is no election to sneak up and depants my psychic well being. Besides, you've had a whole year to wallow in GW's greatness. Given the polling lately, one would think you have come to regret your earlier support of Dubya...

So, if I can keep it together and not weaken significantly, a chance exists. We'll see. But you – you could be the one who writes the Great American Novel this year and that would be truly wonderful. Even if you hate fund raising as much as I do, it's conceivable that you could manage a penny a word, or at least a halfpenny. Couldn't you? It goes to a wonderful cause and you'd be betting on yourself...

No comments: