Monday, October 03, 2005

MEME: Monday Madness – What's On? Edition


Sunday, October 02, 2005

    Otto says, “I once ran a meme called What's On ... Right Now? It's been a while since that site has been closed, but thinking about it has inspired me to ask the following 3 questions...”

  1. What's on your computer desk?

    Well, there's two computers, monitors and keyboards, one all-in-one printer/fax/copier/scanner, all of the peripherals that accompany those systems, an answering machine, a 6” black and white battery/DC TV, a Rolodex, DSL modem, router, an old 28K external modem, a thermometer/hygrometer, an ashtray (SWMBO still smokes -- I gave it up for the Bypass), an old coffee cup, missing it's handle that is full of pens and stuff, stacks and stacks of disks and some old photos waiting to be scanned.

  2. What does your computer desktop background look like?

    I use the Webshots screen saver/desktop engine and have accumulated about 500 photos that change out like slides every 10 minutes or so. As I write this, it is a photo of sunset on Long's Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado. I keep the calendar option turned on, so see four months , beginning with the previous month. There's also a system monitor window that resides in the upper corner. I have icons turned off on my Windoze desktop as I use the “quick start” feature on the toolbar to start frequently used programs. I like seeing the photos with as little obstruction and distraction as I can get away with.

  3. What's on your agenda for the upcoming week?

    Indian Summer is this week. I have a bunch of outdoors things I want to do. Car and truck repairs, kayaking, a hike or two before the deer hunters drive me from the woods for a month. As to what I actually accomplish besides doing some laundry, well, we will just have to wait and see. I also have a story deadline coming up and I haven't come up with a winning idea, yet (it's a contest). Another story has been nibbling at the edges of my awareness and I suppose that will come percolating out pretty soon, too.


Get your own copy of the questions and leave a link in the comments at the Monday Madness web site.



No comments: