Sunday, October 16, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 79

Saturday Six - Episode 79

Patrick admits to the following: “I'm moving a bit slower than I expected thanks to some abdominal surgery. It is also affecting the counting of the Vivi Awards, but I'll address that elsewhere. But I managed to get the latest edition of the Saturday Six out while it was still Saturday, so I guess I must be getting a little better.”

Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal ... but either way, leave a link to your journal at Patrick's Place so that everyone else can visit! If you don't have an AOL journal, you can still play, but of course you'll at least need an AOL screen name, which you can get for free with AOL Instant Messenger, to be able to leave a comment here. To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. (Again, if you're playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!) Enjoy!


1. Who was the last person you send flowers to? Who was the last person to send you flowers?

My wife for Valentine's Day or our anniversary – I can't remember which. I think she sent me some flowers last time I was in hospital. Again, I can't remember well. What did I have for dinner? What's my name? All that and more eludes me these days...

2. What is your favorite single piece of furniture in your home and why?
An antique, handmade chest of drawers I inherited from my grandmother which she inherited from her mother who received it as a wedding gift from her mother. It is tiger maple and I can get lost in the swirls...

3. You are given the chance to model clothing in a catalog. What type of clothing would you most want to model and why?
Kayaking clothing. Because, in the catalogs, it's always pretty people who subsist on a soda cracker and a cup of water for weeks on end. Let's get real... if this country has such a massive problem with obesity, let's show it as it is, not as it might be in some fairytale world.

4. Take this quiz: What is your "power color?"


Your Power Color Is Lime Green


At Your Highest:

You are adventurous, witty, and a visionary.

At Your Lowest:

You feel misunderstood, like you don't fit in.

In Love:

You have a tough exterior, but can be very dedicated.

How You're Attractive:

Your self-awareness and confidence lights up a room.

Your Eternal Question:

"What else do I need in my life?"

What's Your Power Color?



5. What product are you mostly likely to buy in bulk? Have you figured out whether you actually are saving money by doing so?

Cat food – 25# every week. Dog food – 40# every 3 weeks. Coffee and tea. Savings? Significant over purchase of smaller quantities as there is never any waste.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #75 from Mortimer: Now that winter is approaching, what is your ultimate comfort food? What guilty pleasure do you eat that is sinfully not good for you but, you can't get enough?

That's two questions, dammit! Comfort food – homemade french onion soup with cheese and croutons. My guilty pleasure is chocolate ice cream in decidedly unregulated quantities – always a no-no for a diabetic.

If you have a Reader's Choice question you'd like to see asked (and answered), send it to Patrick

No comments: