Wednesday, February 01, 2006

MEME: Tuesday Two - Episode 16 - Photographs...

Tuesday Two - Episode 16



You might want to take a look around your home at the photos you've decorated your living space with, because this might help you choose your question.

For those who have never played, the rules are simple: I offer two different questions, both related to the same topic, but you only choose one of them to actually answer. {Post a link to your answer over at Patrick's Weekender, please.}

Last week, for the second week in a row, Babs of " Independent Single Professional Female in the Buckle of the Bible Belt. YEE-Haa!! " was first to answer last week's question about Funerals. Congratulations again, Babs!

Now, onto this week's choice of questions. And remember: don't answer both questions!


THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: PHOTOGRAPHY

QUESTION A:
Someone's about to get their picture taken. Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or the one taking the picture, and why?



I'm found behind the lens, playing the fool, waving my arms and making faces at babies and funny noises to get the German Shepherd to prick up her ears. It's all about control, expression, and frustration. I'm a control freak. It is as simple as that and just as annoying for my loved ones and enemies alike. Photography is as close as I come to creating something original, if one excludes my turnings, which one should do, if only as a kindness to the handicapped, frustrated fool holding the chisel. The frustration is my inability to translate the near-perfect image in my mind's eye into a concrete “reality” on photographic paper or a block of wood.

Ultimately, it is the frustrated artist within which has me return, time after time, to the process of capturing images on film or LED pixels or in a piece of burnished mahogany that will end up fueling that early morning fire that warms my tea. Because the Spaghetti Monster knows there's no chance my creations will be naught more than kindling for the fire. And so it goes...

No comments: