Wednesday, February 22, 2006

MEME: Wednesday Mind Hump


  • Hi everyone! Rfduck was heard to mutter into his Mocha Java Espresso, “I have another Mind Hump for your enjoyment. Today is Washington's Birthday! Let's get the humping started.”

    1. Name five famous Georges

  • George Washington

  • George Washington Carver

  • George Orwell

  • Gorgeous” George Gobel

  • Curious George

    2. How many one-dollar bills do you have in your wallet/purse right now? Five

    3. Ever been to Washington, D.C.? How about Washington State? Tell us a little about your trip to either of those places. And if you haven't been to either place, tell me what Washington, D.C. monument, institution or tourist attraction you most want to see if you ever go there.


  • I've been to both venues. The last visit I made to Washington State was in 1973. I spent four months there, primarily in Bellingham and Renton, when I wasn't hiking and climbing in the Cascades or Olympic ranges. I also got to spend an afternoon with my mentor, Professor Willie Unsoeld, at his home in Tacoma.

  • The last time I was in Washington, District of Columbia, was in 1977. I stayed overnight with friends while enroute home from Florida after closing my father's home upon his death. I remember an absolutely traumatic thunder storm was under way when I reached the city limits. I pulled off the Interstate and into an industrial area where I found refuge under one of the overpasses from the hail that was threatening to blow out my windscreen and dent the hood. I missed a tornado by about 5 miles. Lucky me. I want to go back when I have a week or two and see all of the sights again – it's been 40 + years since I last did the tourist thing in Washington and SWMBO and I figure we could spend a week straight at the Smithsonian. Plus the National Zoo is calling me. Seems they're missing a hairy ape...


The rules are, there are no rules!!! All you need to do is copy and paste the above questions into your blog and add your responses. After you've finished, go to the Mememeister's web site, Blog Drive Insanity and leave him a comment so he'll know you've humped. Be sure your hump is linked back to http://bdinsanity.blogdrive.com so others can hump too.

Remember, there are no right or wrong answers. If one of the questions doesn't inspire you then simply "pass" it. Just use your imagination!

If you don't have a blog or you're an exhibitionist *woo hoo* feel free to hump right there in the comments section. There's absolutely no pressure ... although it's called the Wednesday Mind Hump you can hump on any day.

Until next time, this is your music-loving mememeister, rfduck, and me, the Old Dog, wishing you a happy hump day! Bring me your leg ... humpa, humpa, humpa!


No comments: