Sunday, October 08, 2006

MEME -- The Saturday Six – Episode 130



I made it back to South Carolina, but I don't have internet access at home just yet, so I'm posting this (and Sunday's a little early) from my parents' house while I have the chance. I'll get back to regular posting as soon as possible...which will likely mean as soon as Bellsouth sends that modem!)

Please be patient for comments to actually be posted. As soon as I can get back to a computer, I'll post responses.

Before this week's questions, De of "De's" Thoughts" was first to play last week! Congratulations, De!

Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!

1. You move to a new city: what is the first thing you're most likely to check out in your immediate surroundings: restaurants, grocery stores, shopping malls, movie theaters or historic sites?
IF I moved to a new city, I suspect the first thing I'd check out is where to let a dog run – dog parks, fenced “sanctuaries” or other appropriate venues. The grocery store and food co-ops would be next, ethnic restaurants a distant third.
2. Consider the local television stations in your area: do you generally stay more with one station for entertainment and local news, or do you tend to rely on one station for local news and others for entertainment?
I prefer the news from the local NBC affiliate, but of the OTA's, I watch the CBS affiliate most often.
3. Is there a set time of day or night that you blog, or do you just post whenever the spirit moves you?
Much like other events – when the spirit or other things “move me”...
4. How often do you write a blog entry, then save it as a "draft" rather than publishing it immediately to think it over before actually posting it?
Quite a lot. And those rarely see the light of day again, unless I come back to it the same day. If it scrolls off the 'recent documents' list, it is generally a goner.
5. Which makes a better dessert after a good meal: ice cream, pie, or cake?
Mmmmm, Pie.

6. What is your favorite flavor of the item you selected in question #5?

My most favorite is “Toll House Pie” - sort of like a giant, thick wedge of chocolate chip cookie! But, diabetes has displaced me from that to the Unsweetened Apple Pie line... But if it's pie – it's all good.

No comments: