Wednesday, October 25, 2006

MEME: Wednesday Mind Hump – Literary Humping

Rfduck has “been to the future on a horse with no name” and finds that it's pretty darn lame: “Hi everyone! I'm back with another mind hump. I'm going to make my own theme today, because I don't like the other theme. So today is Book Day here at the hump!”

1. What are some of your favorite books, and why?
Robert Heinlein's “Time Enough For Love,” “Friday,” and “The Past Through Tomorrow” spring immediately to mind, followed by John Scalzi's “Old Man's War,” Ursula K Leguin's “The Left Hand of Darkness,” and Frank Herbert's “Dune” (as well as the rest of his books set in the Dune universe).
2. How many books do you read during a typical month?
I've slowed down considerably of late, finding myself lucky to read two or three all the way through in four weeks.
3. Where do you buy most of your books?
The local Borders Books.
4. Recommend a good book to me (and your readers).
Any of the ones mentioned in question #1. above qualifies, of course, but if you like your reading a little lighter and funnier, allow me to I suggest Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife.

No comments: