Thursday, September 30, 2004

Politics - Bush's Flip-flops (and Kerry's Flip-flops, too)

I had a phone call last night from the RNC telling me to focus on bringing at least three people into the Bush camp for the coming election. If only they could have heard me cackling, snorting with mirth and outrage! As if! I like my friends -- why in hell would I want them to be exposed to the radical right-wing political bullshit that is masquerading as the "Republican Platform" lately?

Interestingly, the RNC would have us believe that John Kerry is the biggest flip flop artíste ever to grace the halls of Congress. At least that's my take on a recent attack ad showing here. (An aside - it really isn't fun to be in a so-called "swing vote" state. The advertising by both parties sucks, the level of telephone calls seeking support and funds are dangerously annoying and the lies being told by both sides simply astounding. But I digress...)

So CBS News has a story on its web site about George Bush's 10 biggest flip flops in the last 4 years. Give it a read. The Republicans would have you believe that changing one's mind upon learning new or additional information is the sign of a weak character. Seems to me that an imdividual unable to change his or her mind after learning new facts is a danger to themselves and society as a whole. But I digress.

And, in the interest of fairness, CBS News also has a second part to the story: John Kerry's 10 Biggest Flip-flops (Just in case you thought they and I cannot behave in a politically responsible manner, unlike both party machines).

No comments: