Sunday, September 19, 2004

Sunday Brunch ... The Tradition Continues

My hat's off to Danielled1 who has picked up the fallen mantle and proposes to carry on ...it's time for Sunday Brunch!

"Due to a series of unfortunate events in Jeanne's life, who used to host Sunday Brunch each week, she is taking a hiatus, but I am going to be filling in while she is gone, at least here for you guys."

Thanks to Dalyce for help with this week's topic.

So, without further ado, the next edition of Sunday Brunch.


Coffee

1. Regular joe, fancy frothy stuff, or none at all?
Regular Joe, although I like the varietals, Kona, Jamaican Blue Mountain, Nicaraguan, Ethiopian Ebony and the like. Can't stand "flavored coffees" - so much swill to me.

2. Decaf or regular?
Sadly, post-CABG only decaf am I allowed. High test gives me tachycardia and that can lead to a trip to the ER. No fun, expensive, unnecessary.

3. Do you know how to make a good pot of coffee? Who taught you?
Sure, doesn't everyone? I'm self-taught on the perk and drip methods, was taught to make woods coffee and sling coffee by old Maine Guides.

4. Coffee breath รข€“ good or bad thing?
As a coffee lover, it's an aphrodesiac. I can see where it might gross out the tea and soda types amongst uss. Then again, I used to smoke and that was enough to bring complaints from non-smokers as I passed by in the office, so it depends on your olfactory sensitivity, I guess.

5. If you were a coffee, what would your name and description be?
Hermit's Hovel - a unique blend of Columbian, Ethiopian, French Roast, Italian Roast and Hawaiian Kona. Full body, rich aroma, toothsome. May contain bird feathers, cat hair and other adulterants, as we make Hermit's Hovel by sweeping up stray beans from around the grinder every week.

No comments: