Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday Brunch #86 - Flowers


"Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem, or saying a prayer." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh




1) If you had a wedding, what flowers did you have at your wedding?

Magnolias graced our wedding ceremony.

2) What is your favorite flower?

Lupines.

3) Do you have flowers as part of your landscaping outside or your interior decor?

I have a hydrangea and some rosa rugosa.  Everything else is wild, except for lilac and apple blossoms in the Spring. Some of the wall paper has flowers. It is left over from previous owners. The silk flowers that my wife carried as a bouquet now form a garlad over our bed.

4) If you went to your high school prom(s), what kind of flower did you wear in your corsage or boutonniere?

An ordinary, unadulterated, white carnation poked through the buttonhole on the lapel of my tuxedo.

5) Do you like to receive flowers as a gift or do you think it is a waste of money?

They're so extravagant, I think they approach the "silly thing to spend money on" category. SWMBO disagrees. She wins.  Get your own Sunday Brunch - click the link and sign up for the mailing list.


Have a great Sunday, folks. The fog is lifting and it is time to get my ass in gear. Heading towards the coast with a friend of SWMBO. Time to get some pretty pictures to grace these pages, so to speak. To my stepson Matt and his family, I offer my positive thoughts for your safety and survival this day. Hunker down. Blue skies will return.

Ciao!

No comments: