Saturday, September 11, 2004

Saturday Six #21

As I slowly pack and haul my stuff off AOL, more and more will appear here. Like this - The Saturday Six. I am making this move like porcupines making love - very carefully.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, kiddies, despite a severe case of "foot 'n mouth" disease, Patrick (pattboy92) rose from his sickbed and provided us once again with annoying, intrusive queries into the folds and wrinkles of our minds. I got my questions over here. You can too, if you want to play along. My answers are in red.

1. With about 50 days left until the election, you suddenly have the chance to recast the two presidential candidates. Who would you want to replace Bush and Kerry?

Well, in my omniscient wisdom, I'd place Secretary of State Colin Powell, with former Senator and Secretary of Defense William Cohen as his running mate in the Republican's slot. Former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell and Senator Hillary Rodham-Clinton would make good foils for the Democratic ticket, don't you think? Of course, my bias is showing here -- I truly want to see an intelligent, moderate Republican take office. I have had enough of puppet governments run by unelected hard-line crazies.

2. What color would you never wear in your wardrobe?

Purple.

3. Other than a journal, what was the last website you visited?

I think it was the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce site last night. Nope, it was the Verizon site, about 4 o'clock this morning when I was looking for DSL deals.

4. Have you ever had the exact same dream more than once? Have you ever had a dream one night pick up where the last night's dream left off?

Yes. I have several recurring dreams. I have also had recurring serial dreams, too. Just because I am deeply disturbed doesn't mean I don't dream all the time.

5. Which is more organized: your kitchen, your medicine cabinet, your computer desk, your office, or your car?

Hobson's Choice - None of the above. At the present moment, the bedroom is the most organized room in the house. Of the list above, my car is the least disorganized. Then again, it isn't able to be driven, so there hasn't been much opportunity to mess it up beyond what it was when parked.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #22 from Robin: Are you a native of the state you currently reside in? If not, how many states have you lived in since the state you're a native of?

No, I have the misfortune of wandering this earth as a "stateless" man, having been born in the District of Columbia. At last count, I have resided in five states during my lifetime. Excluding foreign countries.

Have a good weekend and let's be safe out there. And take a moment in recognition of the day they stole your children's peace of mind. I fear for the sanity of these children. Truly.



No comments: