Monday, June 27, 2005

MEME: DAWG'S CHALLENGE -- #2

The Dawg was heard to mutter, "Well, I got such a great response from my first challenge, that I've decided to go ahead and do a second one this week. Remember that there's no right or wrong to this: It's just what YOU think! The same rules will apply except that I prefer the you answer in a comment, if you don't mind. Okay, ready?? Here's this week's challenge:

Name your five (5) favorite entertainers.

They can be singers, musicians, actors/actresses, comedians, radio personalities, or whatever you wish. They can be either living or dead, still active or retired, and from any era you like. You can mix it up, or stick to one category. It's up to you. You don't have to list them in any particular order and you can explain your choices, if you want to, but it's not mandatory to do so."

1. Willy Nelson - Best live entertainer you’ll see, even better than Wayne Newton and Frank Sinatra. He has such an amazing presence for a used up little pip squeak of a guy- LOL

2. Yo-Yo Ma is probably the best cellist in the world and also one of the most versatile, willing and able to absorb the nuances of a variety on genre of music, from classical to rock, he does them all. Jean Pierre Rampal on flute was similar in ability and facility, but lacks the presence of Ma.

3. My favorite rock and blues band is Ian Wilson and Jethro Tull, with Dire Straits a close second. Eric Clapton is right close, though.

4. Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead, along with all of Jerry’s bluegrass work with Dave Grisman, well, I can listen forever.

5. Finally, and certainly not least in anybody’s book is Ray Charles. I like Sinatra, I like Nat King Cole, I liked Elvis in his middle years, Manny Potemkin has a marvelous voice ... but for day in and day out pleasure, with a mix of beer barrel blues and naughty mischief thrown in, give me Ray every time.

Those are my picks - let’s see yours in the comments over at MoonDawg’s Parking Lot.


No comments: