Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Sunday Brunch - Summer Fun Edition

Oops - I didn't look too carefully at the date of the Sunday Brunch I did on Sunday - it was last week's entry. My bad. Here's this weeks version:

"Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon ... the two most beautiful words in the English language." - Henry James


Erica, the propritess of The Sunday Brunch, writes thusly:

"Summer is here in Texas with a vengeance...and it's here to stay until late September. We always joke here that we have two seasons here, winter and summer, with a few days of spring and fall thrown in for good measure."

1) What are your plans for the summer? Are you planning on taking any trips or vacations?
Having just completed a 10 day, forced vacation, I doubt we'll be able to afford another one like that anytime soon. Weekend jaunts hither and yon are on the agenda.

2) What is your favorite summer activity?
Sea Kayaking

3) Do you sunburn easily or tan well?
I used to tan well, after an initial burn. With some of the meds I take, I burn to a crisp and blister very easily, so must use caution in the sun, covering up bare skin and using a heavy SPF factor 50 sun block on any skin I can't cover. It's a drag, but what are you going to do?

4) Do you enjoy the warmth and heat and rejoice in it, or shrivel away from it and stay indoors all summer long?
I tend to get out of the heat if I'm not out on the water...

5) What is your least favorite thing about summer?
Mosquitoes, black flies, horse flies and their cousins, the moose fly. Ever want to meet a flesh eating fly that can drive a bull moose into interstate traffic to seek relief as the grill ornament on a Peterbuilt? Them's moose flies. Grown men have been seen chasing them with chainsaws. Grown women weep as their children are stolen away to be devoured in their swampy demesnes. I hates them, I do.

Have a good week, y'all.

No comments: