Sunday, May 28, 2006

MEME: Saturday Six - Episode 111



So I had my calendar a bit off last week. Though Sweeps did, in fact, end this past Wednesday, Katie Couric's departure from "Today" happens this coming Wednesday. Will you be watching? (No, that's not one of the six questions!)

But before the questions, it's time to recognize last week's "first to play," who turned out to be Cat of "Sweet Memes! Congratulations, Cat!

Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!

1. What is the last museum you visited? What single item there most impressed you?
The Farnsworth Museum. That trip, it was the Alan Magee book covers collection.
2. What piece of computer equipment that you currently don't own would you most like to have?
A tape backup unit that had the capacity to back up my entire hard disk (160GB) on one tape in less than an hour.
3. Coca Cola has recently released a new drink called Coca Cola Blak, which is a mix of Coke and coffee. Have you tried it? Would you try it? What flavor of soda would you most like to see someone create?
No, haven't tried it, I have an inkling as to what it tastes like, having made the mistake many times in my past life to add coffee to what I thought was already coffee in my mug, only to discover it was the previous evening's Coke! Now that I'm a diagnosed diabetic, I think I'll give Blak a pass. They already make my favorite soda – diet Polar Half & Half – half grapefruit and half lime. Yowsah, yowsah, yowsah – that be tart, don'tcha know...
4. Take the quiz: Which flavor of tea are you? (Thanks to Charley.)

Which flavor of tea are you? (with images)

You are Green tea! Green tea is very healthy for you, and quite popular too.

It's not so much of a unique taste..yet it's not plain tea either.

When people have green tea, they are attached.

They usually drink it heal themselves as well.

Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

5. How do you like your tea? Iced or hot? Sweet or unsweetened? With cream or without?
Iced tea, no sweetening (How the pelican poop do you unsweeten tea without boiling it, condensing the steam and ruining the flavor? The usage is just plain wrong, Patrick.) Without cream, please. Just “black”. Lots of ice. Astringent, liquid cold sliding down the back of my throat to my wife's and my cardiologist's horror...

6. You see someone run out of a store with a wad of bills. Shortly afterwards, a store employee runs out of the store after him, but stops just outside the door when it appears that the person has run down the street towards a seedy-looking motel. If you assumed you had just witnessed the getaway in an armed robbery, would you drive into the motel parking lot in an attempt to find out what room number or what vehicle the person got into, or would you pay it no more attention?

Actually, I'd probably check to make sure no one in the store has been harmed during the presumed robbery. Then I'd wait until the cops arrived and give my statement. I no longer carry a gun on a daily basis, so chasing after the perpetrator, even if only to attempt to determine what room he might enter, is something I'd no longer feel confident undertaking.

No comments: