Sunday, May 21, 2006

Whole hole and nothing (mostly) but the hole

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #112: Things You Have Other People Probably Don't

We all like to think we're a little different, and now here's a fun way to prove it:

Weekend Assignment: Show off a personal possession of yours that you are reasonably certain other people don't have. Note this is limited to possessions: Don't haul up the spouse and go "neener-neener." Pets are also off limits unless it's a truly bizarre pet: We're talking like a hyena or an ocelot or something like that. Otherwise it's best to stick to physical objects. Also, as I've done a similar Photo Shoot in the past: don't recycle. Come on, you've got more than one odd thing in your house.

Extra credit: Pictures! I mean, obviously.

Dear John,

You are really getting close to the edge with this merde. What you been spiking that Diet Coke® with lately? What do you mean, “What?” This “showing off” stuff crapola, that's what! You plan on making a career change as a second story man and need a few hints where to start?

OK, so I hate this “whole my stuff is unique” idea. Then it occurred to me. That which I have, that I'll lay dollars to doughnuts (Dunkin Donuts, is there any other kind? No, don't even go there, Krispee Kreme Machine...) no one else participating in this little gynogenesistic exercise has – a hole over his head.

Probably should have used this as an entry in last Monday's “Photo Shoot” exercise, insomuch as it involved lying back in my big, comfy, nap desk chair, looking up and snapping a picture. But no, not me. I couldn't be that creative, so didn't participate. Instead, it's the unique “thingy” for this week's “assignment.” Any toad in a storm – without further ado, the whole hole and nothing (mostly) but the hole:


No comments: