Monday, October 18, 2004

Monday Madness: Computers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Hmm. I suspect Otto is overwhelmed with computer issues, given his topic of choice this week. If you want to play along, click on the banner above or the button below . Don't forget to let the world know that you are playing too -- just leave a comment over at Otto's Site with a link to your entry.

Now, on with the computer inquisition.

1. I have reformatted my hard drive about __0__ times.
2. I usually reformat my hard drive about __0__ times a year.
3. When I'm working in a document, I save about every _1 to 2_ minutes.
4. I've upgraded my computer by adding memory, modem, hard drives, a CDRW and a new monitor.
5. I've got about _100's of_ CD's/floppies with info on them and about _very few_ of them aren't labeled.
6. Since I've been using my computer, I find the easiest way to organize my files is to be concientious about cleaning out unwanted files and filing things where they belong. (Looking for suggestions!!)
7. I have several email accounts.
8. Whenever I have a computer-related question, I usually call my brother or Ooshka, a good friend.
9. I usually use a search engine when looking for most things on the web as well as searching for images on the computer.
10. My computer is about 12 years old, but not really. The case is that old. The 5.25" drive is that old but the 3.5" drive was replaced about 3 years ago. Motherboard was last replaced in 2000, CPU in 2001. Last memory upgrade was Spring, 2004. CDRW was added for my birthday this year - previously it only had a CD. The HD is 40GB and was replaced about 2, maybe 2½ years ago. The secondary HD is a 5GB in size and is 4 years old. The monitor was replaced in 2000. All in all, the case has housed five motherboards and half again as many CPU's, starting with a 386-40 and ending with a KII-300MHZ. Antiquated by today's standards, I was planning on replacing the whole thing about Christmas, 2001, but then I got sick. No workee means no money for toys.

Have a great week folks - don't take any wooden nickels and shoot the first poltician to cross the threshold - you'll be doing us all a favor. Afterall, most of them are lawyers, too! Twice the benefit for society, eh? Just kidding, no need to get your Torts in a twist, members of the Bar.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: