Sunday, October 31, 2004

Sunday Brunch - Halloween Edition

Happy Halloween!

Erica posts a series of questions each week at her
Sunday Brunch web site. This week, she said:

"I am posting this early today (Saturday) as I'm sure everyone has a BUSY weekend ahead, including me! Have a very safe and happy Halloween!"


1) What candy are you passing out on Halloween night if you are staying home?

If we're home, I suppose it will be something with chocolate in it.

2) What was your best Halloween costume?
I told all about it in a Weekend Assignment entry a week or two ago. Check it out.
3) Are you doing anything on the night of Halloween if you are not staying home to pass out treats, and if so, what are you doing?
SWMBO has worked six days straight at a demanding job as a Wounds Nurse in a 30 bed skilled nursing unit. I imagine we'll be asleep by the time Trick or Treat comes around.
4) What is your favorite Halloween decor? (ie, witch, ghost, pumpkins)
I'm OK with pumpkins, in keeping with the harvest festival theme of this time of year.
5) Do you carve jack o'lanterns?
Nope. While we did for the kids when they were little, as I did as a youngster, Halloween is not a holiday or source of celebration in my life. Add in the whole "pins and needles" crazies and I lost patience with Halloween years ago. For many years, living alone, I merely left the porch light on and put out a stool with a bowl of candy on it for all comers when I left for work in the morning, as I often worked until 10 o'clock at night. After discovering some little rat fink had cleaned out the bowl by 2 o'clock one day when I had to come back to the house for some forgotten papers, I stopped with the whole candy-left-out routine.

Get your own copy of the questions and leave a link to your answers by clicking on the button below. Happy Trick or Treating. Just remember that treats are a gift and tricks must never be mean-spirited, no matter how awful the trickee may be. Stick to TP on trees and shrubs -- it's enough of a bother to clean up that they'll remember, and you aren't likely to be convicted of vandalism, even if charged. Whereas, I have charged and prosecuted kids who set fire to bags of horse droppings on someone's porch -- it's a Class A felony and is known as Arson. Minimum sentence upon conviction is incarceration for three years in a correctional facility. Keep it in mind, kiddies. It's dangerous to play with matches -- the life you save just might be your own...

If a man says something in the woods and there's no women there, is he still wrong?

No comments: