Friday, August 19, 2005

Bush Is A Post Turtle

This is such a wonderful little tale... I had hoped to send you over to the blog where I found this, but, alas, it's a private one on AOL, so I am FORCED to steal it for you. FORCED, I tell you... that's my story and I'm sticking to it until Gordy comes after me with his bicycle pump and straight razor...

"While suturing the lacerated hand of a 75-year-old Texas rancher (got it caught in a gate while working cattle), a doctor and the old man were talking about George W. Bush being in the White House.

The old Texan said, "Well, ya know, Bush is a 'post turtle'."

Not knowing what the old man meant, the doctor asked him, "What's a 'post turtle'?"

The old man said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come
across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."

The old man saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued, "You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you kinda want to help the poor stupid idiot get down."

No comments: