Sunday, August 21, 2005

Saturday Six - Episode 71

Each week, Patrick, a self-described television addict, burrows under my ego on a straight line for the id. Each week, I sidestep and let him tumble into the morass that is my subconcious. You'd think he'd learn...

1. Other than the "Saturday Six," what weekly or daily memes do you play most often? (Please give a link to that journal.)
Unconcious Mutterings over at LaLunaNiña's place & Otto's Monday Madness. The Sunday Brunch went defunct last week.

2. If you could look back at photos you know of that were taken during your childhood, from your first school pictures to snapshots taken ten years ago, which one do you think would be the most embarrassing and why?
I don't like having my picture taken because no one ever takes a good shot of me. Consequently, they are ALL an embarassment. After more than a half century of this photographic abuse I am resigned to a fate of pictatorial misrepresentation.


3. What was the last thing you made yourself do, even though you really didn't want to?
I am a dilatantte, a Libertine, a sybarist. I only do things I want to do. I spent the first fifty years of my life doing what the world wanted/expected of me. That sucked. Then I had a triple bypass even though I suspect I would have been better off on many levels if I hadn't. So now I do what I want to do. There's an answer in there someplace.

4. Take this quiz: How do you live your life?


How You Life Your Life


You seem to be straight forward, but you keep a lot inside. You are always tactful and diplomatic. You let people down gently. Your friends tend to be a as quirky as you are - which is saying a lot! You tend to dream big, but you worry that your dreams aren't attainable.

How Do You Live Your Life?


5. What was the last book you started but never finished (aside from any you're currently reading)? Why did you stop reading it?

See the answer to number 3 for the rationale. The book was Robert Daley's “A Faint Cold Fear” and it had become a chore to read.

6. Are you named after anyone? Has anyone ever been named after anyone?
Yes, my grandfather. No - A nonsensical question, so a nonsense answer seems appropriate, right Bosco?

There you have the Saturday Six for this week. Until next time, I remain, Yours Truly.

No comments: