Friday, August 19, 2005

Weekend Assignment #73: Road Rage Revisited

Weekend Assignment #73: Road Rage Revisited

Weekend Assignment #73: From your own AOL Journal or AIM Blog, pick your own favorite entry from the last year (from 8/21/04 onward). Link to it in the comment thread below, so we can all see what it was. You can alternately, of course, create a new entry where you link to your favorite entry, but that seems a bit overly complicated. Linking directly to your favorite entry will be fine. If you want to include any thoughts on the entry in your comment, well, that would be great, too.

If you don't have an AIM Blog or AOL Journal, don't fret: Just pick your favorite entry from your own site in the same time frame and leave a link.

So that's the assignment from John Scalzi, AOL blogmeister and sole propietor of By The Way.

Ok, first, I had to cheat. It's not been a good year at the Snooze, in my biased opinion. Not enough original writing, way too many memes and stuff. So it goes. So I had to go back just a little further ... just over a month, in fact. Now here's a piece worth re-reading from the Daily Snooze archives.

Now I know that's a cheat, but when you have an empty ink bottle, what are you going to do? The second best item in this journal last year was a photograph of a firefighter and a Dobe in North Carolina. I can take no credit for the photo or the words - they were written by a particularly empathetic journalist. Over at Snoozelets, my writing journal, the best work in my opinion was a poem I wrote about an experience I had as a youngster. There's some adult language, so all I'll do is offer this link to it here.You be the judge. I think the "Road Rage" entry was the best in the past 13 months -- your mileage may differ.

No comments: