Welcome back to the "Saturday Six." Glad you stopped by and I hope you find some interesting blogs to visit.
But first, Donna of "My Country Life" was first to play last week. Congratulations, Donna!
Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. Pluto has been demoted from planet to "dwarf planet." Are you willing to give up everything you've been taught all these years and begin referring to our solar system as having eight planets, or will you continue thinking about it having nine?
I was never too concerned with Pluto – impossible to pick out without a telescope most of the time. But I suspect my brain's damn close to a fossil itself, so I suspect I'll be confusing the nurses aides at the funny farm with my allegations of “nine planets and enough ice for the Super Bowl.”
2. Where is the last store you visited? What was your last bill there?
It was yesterday at the grocery and the bill was fifty seven dollars and change.
3. What new television show are you most looking forward to seeing this season?
None, so far. I am looking forward to the new season of House, though.
4. Take the quiz: Which greek God are you? Save yourself some time and space by listing the name of the God, the description it gives you and the famous people you're like. (Don't worry about the graphical information and all the rest unless you just want to!)
You are most like Prometheus, and you probably knew that before you even took this test. You probably aren't deliberately altruistic, but you still tend to do things that benefit everyone, even at great expense to your health and personal relationships. You aren't ruled by your emotions, but you still have a strong sense of justice. You make good descisions, but they can sometimes backfire (and this isn't due to a flaw in your reasoning, but due to faulty premises instead).
5. Of the famous people it lists like you, which is the scariest?
Bob Oppenheimer – hands down.
6. You decide to bring candy to keep on your desk. If you could only pick one kind of candy, which would it be? Been there; done that: Werther's Original Hard Caramels. If I had to do it over again, the only difference would be the choice of sugar-free over the originals in deference to my diabetes.