Wednesday, August 01, 2007

MEME: Monday Music Mambo – Episode 426

By rfduck the music-loving mememeister

    Seems I fell asleep at the switch this week, doesn't it? Rfduck was on top of things: “Hello everyone. It's mambo time! Today is Kiss Your Car Day. I don't suggest you actually kiss your car, but we can talk about cars and music.”

    1. Name a song or two about cars or driving.
    How about Car, Car as sung by Peter, Paul and Mary? Or American Pie by Don Mclean? Wilson Pickett's Mustang Sally?
    2. Name a song that's good to listen to when driving.
    Gimme All Your Lovin' by ZZ Top.
    3. Name an album that's good to listen to when driving.
    Any techno euro-pop with a steady, up-beat tempo will do. I am particularly fond of Kraftwerke's Trans-Europe Express album.

    4. If you could drive the car of one musician, whose car would you choose?
    I don't link musicians and cars in my mind so I'm having trouble with this question. For the sake of discussion, I guess it'd be Brian Wilson's “Little Deuce Coupe.”

No comments: