Monday, March 20, 2006

High School Meme

High School Meme

1. Who was your best friend(s)? Bobby Reighter, Chris Gooding, Alex DiLorenzo.
2. What sports did you play? Soccer. I was a fullback, but not very good at it. I just wasn't into the competitive sports scene at all. I quit at the start of Junior year.
3. What kind of car did you drive? I didn't have access to a car at school (it was a boarding school). When home, I had a 1963 Oldsmobile F-85 at my disposal.
4. It’s Friday night, where are you at? Watching TV, reading. Saturday night was party night.
5. Were you a party animal? I was into partying my senior year, but most often I was the”designated driver.”
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? Not even close.
7. Ever skip school? Yep, several times. Mostly to go to the beach, but I also cut classes to go into NYC and do research at the New York Public Library.
8. Ever smoke a cigarette? I was addicted to the filthy things by the time I as 13. I remained an addict until 2003. Smoked my last cigarette two hours before they wheeled me into the operating room for open heart surgery.
9. Were you a nerd? It was an unknown term when I was in school. I was a neanderthal. You got to remember, this was prehistory.
10. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? No. I was pretty careful to keep my nefarious activities hidden. I came close a few times...
11. Can you sing the Alma Mater? Nope. I don't remember it and besides, I can't sing without breaking glass.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? It was Bill Smith, my US History teacher.
13. Favorite class? English.
14. What was your school’s name? St. Paul's.
15. School mascot? It was a “Saint” with horns and a forked tail peaking out from under its choir robe.
16. Did you go to Prom? Oh yes. I went to several of them. It was required, not optional.
17. Would you go back again and do it over? Only if I could retain what I know now. Then my life might not have been quite the waste it has been.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? Being awakened and informed that we'd overslept and were really late and that Bobby Kennedy had been shot and killed early that morning.
19. Favorite memory of senior year? Nothing special stands out – then again, my memory for the period is pretty fuzzy.
20. Were you ever posted on the senior wall? I guess not – I don't know what it is.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Not a paying job, but I was a “monitor” the entire year. Sort of a mini-gestapo officer responsible for maintaining order amongst my peers.
22. Who did you date? Several lovely young women. No, really. I don't know why I was so lucky...
23. Have you gained weight since then? I'm almost twice the size I was then.
24. What did you do after graduation? I worked at a summer camp as a counselor, then off to college.

Via Shelly's Cyber Chocolate.

No comments: