Friday, March 17, 2006

Meme: Weekend Assignment #103 & More

You can blame this on Paul...

You Are Guinness

You know beer well, and you'll only drink the best beers in the world.
Watered down beers disgust you, as do the people who drink them.
When you drink, you tend to become a bit of a know it all - especially about subjects you don't know well.
But your friends tolerate your drunken ways, because you introduce them to the best beers around.

What's Your Beer Personality?

But the credit for my taste in beer goes to my Irish ancestors...

And now, for something completely different...

John M. Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #103: List the songs you'd play to kick a party into gear. You can choose up to five. And if you want to explain why those five, that's good too. It can of course, be any kind of music from any era -- and it can be any kind of party, too. Hey, it's your party. You're in charge of the jukebox, my friend.

Extra Credit: Name the song to play to start winding down the party.

Do I look like a party animal?



Nope, I didn't think so.

Nevertheless, I've been known to get wired and kick the speakers in on occasion... usually it involved legal substances like Tequila in industrial quantities, but then again, I really can't remember the details (black outs, y'know).

Still and all, I haven't been a party animal for many moons now. Over 18 years since I partied hearty and more than 25 since I can recall any details. Never was a fan of disco, thank me lucky charms. So I hearken back to the 70's and 60's and 50's for my inspirations. Sorry about that, Chief.

Let's kick in the jambs with Hank Williams, Jr.'s “All My Rowdy Friends Are Comin' Over Tonight” (the Monday Night Football Theme).

Let's follow that up with The Rolling Stones' “I Can't Get No Satisfaction.” Because that was the theme song of my early teens? Yeah, baby. Shagalicious!

Midway to tomorrow, time to bring the guys and gals together into an embrace, so why not Billie Holliday singing Ira Gershwin's “Embraceable You”? It just oozes warmth and sexiness and man, oh, man! Getting horny, just thinking about it...

Time to kick it back up a notch, tap that second keg and get our second wind, so let's hear Steppenwolf's “Born To Be Wild.”

Let's follow it up with a changeup pitch, some kind of line dance. I'm toying with the “MacareƱa” but am open to other line dance suggestions. I was never good at that stuff, but it is a party pleaser if there's room. Or, inspiration just struck, I've gotit, By Jove! Eureka! “Hava Nagillah” that classic of wedding movies and Bris' – now there's a celebratory line dance anyone can get into and it isn't stupidly demeaning, like the “Bunny Hop.”

Finally, despite the unkind words of my dear friend, Paul Little, I'd use the dulcet tones of the self-proclaimed “Man With The Golden Voice,” Leonard Cohen, and his wonderful tune, “Closing Time” to suggest the party end was near.

No comments: