Sunday, March 12, 2006

MEME: Saturday Six - Episode 100



Yes, it says "Episode 100!"

In celebration of the 100th edition of the Saturday Six, I'm running six new questions chosen by the readers. Be sure to visit their blogs, and enjoy the questions!


My friend Carly of "Ellipsis...Suddenly Carly" was first to play last week for the second week in a row! Congratulations, Carly!

Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as "first to play," you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!

1. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #79 from Cat: If you could trade places with one person in your family for a week, who would you choose? And would you want to trade as they are now, or sometime in the past (or future)?

I'd like to walk a mile in my wife's shoes, so she'd be my choice for the switch. As to how well I'd do, I have my doubts...

2. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #80 from De: What were you doing 1 year ago this month, and are you more or less satisfied with your life today?

Freezing to near-extinction and shoveling snow. I was contemplating an upcoming surgery and a trip to be taken late in the spring. Probably less satisfied now than then, I have more ill health to cope with.

3. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #81 from Lisa: Do you prefer watching television over surfing the Internet?

I like both. But, if I had to give up one or the other, the Internet would be gone in a flash. Although, I can do without television, too, as long as I have books to read.

4. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #82 from Antonette: Outside of the U.S., where would you live and why?

The older I get, the more entrenched I become. I really have no desire to leave the U.S.A. If I had to make a choice, I suspect I'd move to New Zealand, assuming they'd have me. Because, it offers a great climate, the kinds of recreational activities I enjoy particularly and I can speak the language. Now, if I had to make that same choice thirty years ago, I suspect the choice would have been a little farther to the north, ie. Australia. But I can do without the heat, bugs and snakes in Oz. And the crowds.

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #83 from Elton: When you leave your home, do you ever feel paranoid that you've left something behind?

No. Only because it's simple fact, not paranoia. I'd forget my head if it weren't attached. I routinely turn around and come back to get something I ave forgotten.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #84 from Laura: What song or songs would you want played at your own funeral and why?

None. I have no intention of having a funeral, therefore, no songs need be played.

No comments: