Thursday, March 02, 2006

MEME: Tuesday Two - Episode 19

Tuesday Two - Episode 19



Patrick was heard to mutter from behind his piles of rejected news promo scripts,In case you didn't notice, I missed the Tuesday Two last week. It was one of those weeks. Sorry about that.”

For those who have never played, the rules are simple: I offer two different questions, both related to the same topic, but you only choose one of them to actually answer.”

Carly of "Ellipsis...Suddenly Carly" was first to play last week, beating even Babs to the first comment! Congrats, Carly!”

Now, onto this week's choice of questions. And remember: don't answer both questions!”


THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: DEADLINES

QUESTION A:
Do you find that you work better under deadline, or that you work better when you can set your own pace?

or

QUESTION B:
How successful are you at setting deadlines for yourself in your personal life? Do you find that you are as motivated to meet them as the ones your employer requires you to meet?

Choose A or B, (indicate which question you're answering!) then either answer the question in a comment here or answer it in your journal and include the link in a comment. (To be considered "first to play," a link must be to the specific entry in which you answered the question.)

Remember: choose one or the other...not both!



A.

I work far better with a deadline than not. In fact, I am a procrastinator.

I'd be the president of the Procrastinator Assembly, except we never get around to actually calling for a congress. [rim shot, ka-boom]

I once tried to set my own pace. I woke up next week in the same pace I was before. [rim shot, ka-boom]

Deadlines are for dummies. I mean, if you need to see a line before you know you're dead, you're a dummy. [rim shot, ka-boom]

Productivity is highly overrated. After all, didn't they grade us in school as underachievers? I was the top of that class, if I do say so myself. [rim shot, ka-boom]

I'm very goal-oriented. Once I set a goal, I let nothing veer me from the path until I achieve it. They say they'll let me out of hospital next week. Seems I should have driven round the excavation, not through it. [rim shot, ka-boom]

Deadlines give the bosses something to rail against. They just give us peons headaches. [rim shot, ka-boom]

The only real deadline of any value at all is the arbitrary one set by your body to inhale. Fail to meet THAT one and you've blown the rest of your life.

On that note, I'm off.

But you knew that...


No comments: